MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2015
Keep safety in mind while preparing to celebrate this holiday season. Follow these tips to keep your festivities safe and enjoyable.
- When purchasing a tree, check for freshness; a fresh tree will not loose as many needles as one that is dry. A dry tree is highly flammable.
- The tree stand should be designed to hold plenty of water and should be checked daily.
- Do not place the tree or natural garland near a fireplace, television, furnace vents, or other heat sources.
- For lights, check annually for frayed or damaged cords. On Christmas tress, use small lights that stay cool to the touch or LED lights which save energy.
- For outside decorations, use only outdoor lights. Never use indoor lights outside.
- Don't overload electrical outlets with multiple plug adaptors.
- Make sure candles are a safe distance from the tree, curtains, and other flammable objects
Posted 10:25 AM